Saturday, April 07, 2012

Thankful for a Great Week

Last night, while playing in a poker tournament, one of my colleagues thanked me for this blog. He said he looks forward to each new post! That was so fun to hear. I try to encourage others and share my thoughts here, much like if we were having coffee and you asked me, "Hey, what's been going on?"

I wanted to start this update with a big thank you. It's encouraging to know some people actually read this blog and enjoy it, which is why I bother to update it. Thank you for reading, commenting and sharing with others.

So here's what I loved about this week:


On Monday, I was super excited to see my Working at a Launch Pad post published at Dave Ramsey's Develop With Purpose website. If you want to know more about the culture behind the scenes at Dave's company, please check it out. From the post:
God has a unique plan for all of us, and one of the most important parts of any plan is actually following it.


The next thing I'm excited about is a presentation coming up this Tuesday at the Nashville PHP user group. We'll be talking all about building REST APIs! If you're in the area and into that sort of thing, please come on by. It's April 10th, starting at 6pm: From POX to HATEOAS, A Real Company’s Journey Building a RESTful API



Also (and this is no small thing), our company finally launched our new website! The team has been working on this site for almost two years now. Each feature page is accompanied by a custom water color art piece which creates an incredible overall experience. Check out a few features and you'll see what I mean.







Finally, and most importantly of all... I got another week on this earth to spend time with my amazing family. My wife is awesome, my children are my riches, and I am a very blessed man. I'll leave you with these shots of my daughter, Aria, and my son, Devon. We took some time this week before the site launch to hang out in the pool and play with Devon's Aqua-Zooka's (best $10 I've ever spent, btw).

I hope and pray you are pursuing your God-designed purpose while living your life with meaning and intentionality. No one can live your life better than you. Make it a good story.

No comments: