Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dusting off the old blog...

Wow... I haven't been here in a while. The place hasn't changed much. Could use some furniture I guess.

I just got off the phone with Lynn Nawata (wait... it wasn't the phone, it was Skype... does that now count as the same thing?) in the Philippines and my boss Mark Mingus and we were talking about Every Nation and what we can do to get more information out to the world about the awesome things God is doing all over the place. Blogs are a good way to start.

My wife and I have been working for Every Nation for over 5 years in the corporate office both in LA and now here in Nashville. We love this ministry. Granted we've had our ups and downs, we've seen church leaders who've blown it, but who hasn't? What we've also seen is lives radically changed, people fired up about God actually learning for the first time that HE cares about our lives and has a plan for each of us.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."
- Jeremiah 29:11

I grew up in a wonderful church, worship was awesome and I really felt the Holy Spirit move in my life... but I never read my Bible. I didn't have a foundation to stand on. When I went of college that lack of a foundation became clear. I was a pole vaulter, so I hung out with the track team. I starting drinking and dating around and basically wasting 3 years of my life.

When I got connected with Every Nation Campus Ministries (Victory Campus Ministries at the time), I got connected with a group of people that not only loved God, but actually were serious about serving him. They taught me how to read the Bible and I got to live in Christian community. I've come a LONG way since that first day showing up at a Bible study. I have Christ-influenced character that wasn't there before. I've read the Bible too many times to remember and I now know my Lord because I've read His Word for myself. I've got a long way to go, but I like the results so far...

Any way... I say "any way" a lot when I type. When I speak my wife has just recently begun reminding me I say "basically" a lot. It's funny now that I'm noticing it. I also like typing "..." Not really sure why... it just... works.

So this is me, dusting off the old Blog. Maybe I'll post something new now and again. One thing I'm really excited about is a new staff intranet that will hopefully be ready in the next month or so. Until then...

No comments: